When it comes to durable flooring solutions, epoxy coating is the best choice for both residential and commercial needs. Epoxy flooring in St Louis services offers a practical and durable surface perfect for enduring heavy foot traffic, tire treads, chemical spills, and all the abuse that garage floors have to go through. These epoxy flooring applications are also ideal for warehouses, factories, showrooms, and other commercial spaces that require sturdy floors without compromising aesthetic appeal.
Why Choose Epoxy Flooring?
An epoxy floor coating is a two-part material that is mixed and applied on existing concrete floors then left to set and cure. When it has finally dried and hardened, it provides excellent benefits that make it such big fans among home and business owners. Here are just some of the reasons why it is highly recommended and preferred:
- Damage-resistant – Coating epoxy floor makes garage floors resistant to chemical spills, stains, and impact. This is one of the best concrete sealers around. It is a non-porous materia,l so any pigment will not seep through, causing an ugly stain or any serious damage.
- Covers concrete blemishes – Have existing stains and hairline cracks on the floor? Then the epoxy floor is the answer. It fills in small gaps and cracks. Also, incorporating colors or designs will help disguise any ugly stains on the old concrete or garage floor.
- Improves the appearance – Ever noticed how a garage floor always looked the worst in the entire house? That was then. Nowadays, even garage floors can be treated as an extension of a home’s living space with garage floor epoxy coatings. It can be stained or decorated with colored microchips which, when broadcasted, creates a terrazzo-like appearance. It can even be made into marble-like or metallic epoxy floors if desired.
- Easy to clean and maintain – Epoxy floors do not absorb liquids or even dirt, even without supplementary concrete surface sealers. Dust just sits on top of it, thus, making it easy to sweep and mop.
How much does it cost to do epoxy flooring?
Epoxy flooring costs between $4 – $9 per square foot. Most of the expenses come from labor and manpower.
What are the disadvantages of epoxy flooring?
While epoxy is considered to be the “King of Floors,” here are a few cons with this type of flooring:
- Strong toxic fumes emitted when freshly applied; ammonia-like smell.
- Epoxy takes a long time to harden completely.
- Needs a strong base or concrete slab in order to apply the coat.
- May incur cracks and chips on high-impact areas.
- Can become slippery when wet.
- Installing epoxy can be a tedious process, i.e. humidity levels must be low enough when applying.
- Maintenance can be costly.
- Prone to discoloration due to ultraviolet rays.
Interested in a St Louis Missouri garage flooring update or repair? Contact us @ (636) 256-6733!
If you are interested in epoxy floor coatings services, then Decorative Concrete Resurfacing is the expert for you! We specialize in a variety of epoxy garage floor coatings and other concrete resurfacing services for both commercial and residential locations in the St. Louis, MO area. We have over 30 years of experience in the concrete industry, and we have maintained our A+ rating with the BBB successfully. Get the best epoxy garage floor results with our help. You can reach us by phone or email for all your inquiries and free quote requests. Contact us today!
We service St. Charles, Ellisville, Ballwin, Chesterfield, and other surrounding areas.