When it comes to old, ugly, or damaged concrete pool decks, a Spray Knockdown Finish is the most recommended solution. Swimming pools are almost a necessity in most residential and commercial properties in the St. Louis, Missouri area. While concrete decks are durable and affordable, it is vulnerable to damage, can get pretty hot under the sun, and can be slippery when wet.
This is what a pool deck knock down finish is designed for. It makes the pool deck a more enjoyable space without compromising the appeal of the property, the safety of the swimmers, and the value of the entire property. All these at an affordable cost.
The Advantages of a Knockdown Finish
Of all the pool deck texture coatings available nowadays, Sundek Classic Texture comes highly recommended. Here are some of the most noteworthy reasons why pool owners should choose knock-down finish from their pool deck resurfacing options:
- Enhanced Slip-resistance – One notable feature of this coating system is the trowel finish it features. Think of stucco but with a more subtle texture. The spray texture makes the surface less slippery especially when wet.
- Highly Appealing – The same knockdown texture on concrete that makes it non-skid is also the same texture that makes a resurfaced pool deck more interesting to look at. It can be further enhanced aesthetically with the addition of concrete stains and scorelines.
- Cooler Surface – Also considered as a cool decking solution, a spray knockdown finish features a heat reflective property that keeps the surface cool to the touch despite hours of exposure to sunlight. The air pockets caused by the texture also helps air circulate around the foot while walking on the pool deck.
- Unbelievably Affordable – Because it makes use of the existing concrete slab, a spray-down concrete resurfacing saves money on materials and labor.
- Durable and Long lasting – Surprisingly, a thin layer of this acrylic concrete coating is durable enough to last for a couple of years or more for high traffic areas.
- Easy to Clean – Unlike most high-end decking materials, a spray texture surface is easier to clean and does not require any special product or regimen for maintenance.
Interested in a spray-knockdown finish? Call the expert at (636) 256-6733.
Pool areas are a place of fun and enjoyment. We want it to be as safe and as functional as it could be. Decorative Concrete Resurfacing is a licensed concrete contractor that specializes in resurfacing and refinishing concrete pool decks, patios, driveways, walkways, interior floors, and more. We offer top quality spray knockdown finish solutions for a more stunning, more slip-resistant, and more enjoyable pool deck.
Ready for a consultation? Call or email us. We’d love to discuss your options further and provide you with a free quote.