It’s done. The newly resurfaced driveway, patio, pool deck, or living room floor looks heavenly. Before singing arias of praise and delight, seal the floor first. All experts in concrete sealing from St. Louis will advise having a concrete floor sealed not because they would earn from it, but because floor owners will benefit a lot from a sealed concrete floor.
Benefits of Concrete Sealing
When something comes highly recommended, it is for good reasons why. If in doubt, please do explore the benefits of sealing a concrete floor, such as:
- Sealing concrete in St. Louis is an effective way of protecting the surface from harmful outdoor elements, like UV rays and rain. There is a tendency, however, for sealers to fade out when exposed to deicing salts so opt for a less abrasive alternative.
- Enhances the visual appeal of a concrete floor. A stained concrete floor’s colors become a lot deeper and vibrant.
- Concrete sealers are available in flat to high-gloss finishes. It can add some sort of shine on a concrete floor, making it look newer and more luxurious.
Concrete Sealer Types
The best way to seal concrete is by spraying or rolling. The important thing is to cover all areas completely to keep any moisture or dirt from getting absorbed into the porous concrete underneath. There are many different types of concrete sealers, each one having special features and application specifications:
- Acrylic Sealers – The cost of concrete sealing your St. Louis surfaces with an acrylic sealer may range between $0.15 to $0.25 per square foot. This is the most affordable type of concrete sealer because it only has a lifespan of around 1 to 3 years, depending on the amount of floor usage. Ideal for use on both interior and exterior floor such as stamped concrete. Comes in a water solvent based version, both with a quick-drying feature.
- Epoxy Sealers – This two-part sealer is perfect for high-traffic interior floors. It is not advisable to use this for outdoor concrete surfaces because it has a tendency to turn yellowish when exposed to the sun’s UV rays. It comes in clear and pigmented finishes.
- Penetrating Sealers – This includes silanes, siloxanes, and silicates. From the name itself, it penetrates past the concrete’s surface to provide optimum protection from abrasion, corrosion, and freeze-thaw damage. This matter sealer is breathable enough to allow moisture to escape from within the concrete floor.
- Polyurea Polyaspartic – This sealer creates a super tough film on concrete. It can be used both indoors and out because it is not temperature-resistant, thus, no yellowing or blushing issues with this sealer type.
Need the Saint Louis best concrete sealers can offer? Call (636) 435-2447 now!
To optimize the protection provided by concrete sealers, make sure to have them applied by someone who knows how to seal concrete floors properly. Decorative Concrete Resurfacing has a team of professional installers with decades of experience in concrete sealing services. Proper concrete sealing ensures optimum protection and long-lasting concrete floors. Give us a call for more information and a free quote. We service St. Charles, Ballwin, Wildwood, Ellisville and other surrounding areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Epoxy concrete sealers! Epoxy concrete sealers are the most durable, they make excellent sealants. Softer acrylic sealers, are less expensive and more popular for residential concrete floors, including patios.
YES! When concrete patios are left without sealers, nature may compromise their durability and appearance. Winter freezing/thawing cycles may cause cracks and flaking, and UV rays may whitewash the surface. Sealing your patio will help to prevent this, deter stains, and revitalize its appearance with the color of your choice.
Approximately every two years – Sealers have a two-year lifespan, which is reduced for high-traffic patios. To maintain its protective and aesthetic properties, the surface must be resealed every few years.