Concrete is such a versatile material. Decorative concrete has taken advantage of that versatility and now there are several solutions available to restore concrete slabs and enhance it to a whole new level. Sounds expensive?
You would be surprised how cost-effective concrete overlays are when it comes to updating aesthetics and repairing concrete damage in St. Louis. Aside from being affordable, resurfacing also consumes less time than having to remove and replace a concrete slab completely.
Although they look super luxurious and eye-catching, resurfaced concrete is actually easier to clean and maintain.
Top Floor Coatings for Decorative Concrete Resurfacing Projects
As detailed earlier, concrete overlays offer a lot of benefits. But before you dive in, you must choose the right type of overlay to use on your concrete surfaces. Although each one is different in aesthetics, materials, and methods used, these are all reliable and long-lasting.
- Stamped Concrete Overlay – This overlay is ideal for St. Louis MO concrete patio, pool deck, driveway, and other outdoor surfaces. The stamping process involves the use of stamp mats which transfers a pattern on the wet but firm overlay. You have the choice to maintain the natural gray color of concrete or to have the stamped surface stained for a more decorative effect. Featured patterns are slate, flagstone, travertine, brick, cobblestone, and more.
- Spray Knockdown Texture – Although popularly used on pool decks, it can be used on almost any concrete surface that needs more grip or traction. The acrylic concrete coating is loaded into a hopper gun and then sprayed on the old slab. Remember how stucco looks? It is quite similar but with a more subtle texture, created as the splattered material is knocked down with a trowel. This coating is also known for staying cool to the feet even after being exposed to tremendous sunlight for hours.
- Epoxy Flooring – This is a two-part coating that is often used on garage floors. It yields a seamless epoxy garage floor that is highly resistant to most types of damage. This is, however, more recommended for indoor concrete flooring because it could discolor when exposed to UV rays. If you love the look of granite or terrazzo, the addition of multi-colored paint chips can yield the same effects with an epoxy floor coating.
- Polyurea Polyaspartic – This is a fast-drying material often used in industrial and commercial settings. It takes a one day installation process. In residential properties,it can be used on garage or basement floors, and other concrete floors that could use a damage-resistant floor coating. Unlike epoxy coatings, though, it can be used on both indoor and outdoor concrete surfaces.
Learn More About Concrete Overlays. Call (636) 256-6733 and Speak with One of Our Experts.
When it comes to St. Louis decorative concrete resurfacing installer, Decorative Concrete Resurfacing is the company to trust. We have over 34 years of dealing with concrete and handling resurfacing, refinishing, and repair projects. We understand your ideas and we work hard to make it a reality. Whether you are a home or business owner, nothing is more important to us than to provide you with the dream concrete space that you have desired and so rightfully deserve.
We want you involved in the process as much as possible so we can make sure that your needs are met. Want to learn more about your desing options? Pick up the phone today and call us to schedule your free in-home consultation and quote.
Frequently Asked Questions
YES! Concrete overlay is a permanent topping for a concrete slab that can last up to 20 years. It should, however, be resealed every 5-7 years.
YES! Here are 4 simple steps on how to reseal your patio
1.Deep clean your concrete structure
2. Wear protective gears such as gloves and mask
3. Apply the sealant using a sprayer
4. Wait for the sealant to dry
For best and seamless result, it’s always best to contact an expert to do the job