Concrete is often grey, white, or brown. Sometimes a combination of all those. Whichever it is, don’t you wish it could be more decorative? While some embrace the natural appearance of concrete surfaces, those who want something more artistic now have the option to choose colored concrete. Concrete is a very versatile material and its high porosity makes it easy for the color to adhere.
Top Benefits of Colored Concrete
Colored concrete is a highly popular option for both St. Louis residential and commercial property owners nowadays. Here are a few noteworthy reasons why it comes highly recommended:
- Wide Range of Colors – The range of colors available for coloring concrete is almost limitless. From earth tones to pastels, and multi-color combinations, you would surely find one that best suits your home or commercial space.
- Natural Look – Want the look of stone and wood on your concrete floors? It is possible with colored concrete. In fact, stamped stone patterns on an overlay are often colored to mimic the look of nature, making the surface look more realistic.
- Efficient Solution for Stains and Discoloration – Colored concrete is an efficient way of disguising stubborn stains and discolored concrete. Not only is your concrete restored, it is also enhanced and updated at an affordable cost.
Colored Concrete Systems
- Stained Concrete – Concrete staining is the most popular method of coloring concrete. The stain takes advantage of the porous state of raw concrete and embeds itself past the surface. This way, the color lasts longer, does not fade, does not flake, or peel away. Concrete stain solutions come in two kinds: Acid and Water-based.
- Integral Color – This is a powdered coloring agent that is mixed into the concrete right before it is poured into concrete floors. The colors tend to be more subtle but will absolutely last as long as the concrete itself.
- Dry-Shake – This is also a coloring agent in powder form that is broadcasted onto the surface of a newly poured concrete slab. The powder gets absorbed into the mix and then the color manifests.
- Dye – Concrete dyes come in two types: solvent and water-based. This is a great method to use if you want translucent colors but must not be used to cover up stains or discoloration.
Let Color Breathe New Life to your St. Louis Concrete Surfaces. Call us at (636) 256-6733 for more info.
Color provides positive effects on people. On concrete surfaces, color can make a person happy and satisfied living in his St. Charles or St. Louis MO home, knowing that his stained concrete floors are designed to satisfy his need for something artistic and creative. Decorative Concrete Resurfacing is a premier concrete company that specializes in colored concrete through the use of stained concrete solutions. Our team has years of experience concrete staining slabs, both indoors and out.
Interested in colored concrete stain? Let’s talk about your ideas. We also offer stamped concrete services and more! Contact us today for a complimentary consultation and cost estimate today!