Decorative Concrete Resurfacing contractors creates highly decorative solutions that combine form and function to bring your concrete floors back to life. We provide our clients with a detailed scope of stamped concrete work and custom pattern renderings to give you a glimpse of what we have to offer. From pattern to colors, our team will guide you through the selection process.
For over 34 years, Decorative Concrete Contractors have cared for nothing else but what our customers can gain from hiring us. We have handled concrete coatings and concrete repair for many clients, both residential and commercial, and while we have heard positive feedback, we will keep working to surpass your expectations. As an experienced stamped concrete contractor, we aim to deliver a personalized approach to each and every one of our projects to ensure that you reap all the benefits that you rightfully deserve.
Stamped Concrete vs. Stamped Overlay
Stamped concrete and stamped overlay may seem similar but there is a bit of difference between the two. Stamped concrete is the process of stamping patterns on newly installed concrete slabs. A stamped overlay is a combination of Portland cement, silica sand, some cementitious hardeners, and adhesives that are installed on existing concrete patios, pool decks, or concrete driveways to achieve a variety of decorative concrete looks. Although the stamping process is the same for both, one is done on an entirely new slab while one involves an overlay over an old slab.
The costs of stamped concrete and stamped overlay depend on a number of factors, including: whether a new concrete slab will have to be installed, the size of the area, and what kind of design you would like.
Installation Areas for Stamped Overlays
- Stamped Concrete Patio – The patio is considered an extension of the indoor living room. It should be appealing and comfortable enough for unwinding. Stamping an overlay over an existing patio is highly recommended to give it a new look and to extend the life of the slab. It can effectively imitate the look of wood or stone without the high cost.
- Stamped Concrete Driveway – The driveway plays a huge role in enhancing a property’s curb appeal. It is crucial to acquire an appealing surface without compromising safety. That is exactly what stamped concrete is here for. It could recreate the look of a luxurious concrete driveway at a more affordable cost. A stamped pattern provides enough traction, making it a safe option especially for sloped driveways.
- Stamped Concrete Pool Deck – Remember how pool decks used to use tiles on its surface? It was so unsafe because it could get very slippery. Nowadays, one of the most highly recommended options is a pool deck resurfacing through stamped concrete overlay. It provides just enough slip-resistance and a comfortable surface to walk on even with bare feet.
5-Day Stamp Concrete Overlay Installation
A professional concrete contractor can install a stamped overlay in approximately 5 days. Here is a rough summary of how the process goes:
1st Day: The surface is power washed and cleaned thoroughly.
2nd Day: While it is being air-dried, the surroundings are masked and protected to make sure that the product does not affect anything but the concrete slab. A primer coat is mixed and troweled down on the concrete surface.
3rd Day: The stamped overlay mix is prepared and then applied on the prepared slab. Patterns are incorporated on the overlay before it dries and hardens.
4th Day: The overlay is left to sit and dry.
5th Day: If the customer requests for it, concrete staining and sealing applications are done when the concrete overlay has cured completely.
Popular Concrete Stamping Patterns & Designs
Because of its beauty, cost-effectiveness and durability, the popularity of this application, has grown to unprecedented heights. There is an unlimited number of textures, patterns, designs, and colors that are available to choose from. While there is always room for creativity, allowing home or business owners to come up with their own design or pattern, the top three most popular designs are:
- Hand-carved stone
- Slate pattern
- Random flagstone also called “seamless mat”
Looking to repair concrete? Try our St Louis MO stamp overlay! Call (636) 256-6733 decorative concrete contractors today!
If you are looking for a rock solid concrete contractor in St Louis, MO who will get the concrete work done right the first time, pick up your phone and call Decorative Concrete Resurfacing. We are a licensed, insured, and bonded concrete company that specializes in concrete stamped pool deck, patio, driveway, and more. We have been in the business for over 31 years so you can rest assured that we only provide top-notch solutions and services for all your concrete surfaces. Call us now for a FREE consultation and quote. We service St. Charles, Ellisville, Chesterfield, and other surrounding areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What’s the average price for stamped concrete?
Ans: On average, a basic concrete stamping job can cost from $8 to $12 per square foot, but it can go as expensive as $18 per sq. ft. if more projects and designs are involved.
Q2: Why is stamped concrete so expensive?
Ans: As it may seem to be an easy job for most, concrete stamping is a tedious job, which is why it is expensive compared to other flooring solutions. Before everything is set out, a thorough planning is done pull everything off. Said planning involves the client choosing three things according to his/her preference. These include the stamp design, the integral color of the concrete, and the color of the release which gives the highlights.
With everything being said, most homeowners do away with stamped concrete. But worry not, there is a more cost-effective and economical option that provides the same result as concrete stamping. Stamped overlays is now a trend that most home and business owners love.
Q3: Is stamped concrete outdated?
Ans: NO. Stamped concrete is not outdated yet. In fact, there are more reasons to love than hate it:
- Stamped concrete is more cost-effective than pavers, brick, or natural stone;
- Enhances outdoor spaces and adds value to your property;
- Offers a lot of patterns and color options;
- Slip-resistant when treated with a non-skid additive;
- Durable and long-lasting; and
- Easy to clean and maintain when sealed.