Investing in stunning concrete driveway St. Louis MO services does not come cheap so it is but natural for every homeowner to be quite protective about it. No one wants to spend a fortune on concrete driveway repairs right after the winter season so it is best to apply protective measures now to keep driveway concrete in tip top condition. Here are some do’s and don’t’s in making a concrete driveway survive the harsh effects of the snow season.
Do’s in Maintaining Concrete Driveways During Winter
- Start Early – It is important for homeowners to start prepping driveways even before winter begins. It must be clean from debris, leaves, and dirt to make management a lot easier once the snow starts to pile on it.
- Invest in a Concrete Driveway Sealer – This comes with a more affordable concrete driveway cost than damage repairs. A sealer can help protect the concrete underneath from water, snow, abrasion, and impact if applied efficiently.
- Repair Minor Damage ASAP – If small cracks or pits are already present on the driveway surface, it is advisable to have it repaired immediately before it gets worse. A concrete driveway resurfacing is a great but economical option. Not only would it make the driveway more durable, it will also enhance the look and keep the slab underneath protected during the winter season.
Don’t’s in Protecting Resurfaced Concrete Driveways
- Avoid Deicing Salts – Although these are effective in keeping ice sheets from forming on the surface, it can be destructive on concrete especially on a new concrete driveway installation that is less than a year old. To improve traction, use an aggregate instead, like sand or something that contains Calcium Chloride as a main ingredient.
- Don’t Use a Shovel – Avoid using a shovel when clearing out snow as it can cause damage that may increase the cost of concrete driveway repairs. Opt for more gently methods like snow blowing.
Get the Best Driveway Resurfacing St. Louis MO Solutions, Call (636) 256-6733 Today!
When looking to hire the best of all concrete driveway contractors in the St. Louis, Missouri area, we are your best option. Decorative Concrete Resurfacing has decades of experience in the industry specializing in driveways, pool decks, patios, garages, and more. Over 60 video testimonials from customers provide proof of our dedication to provide efficient concrete overlays and coatings that keep it looking and working great regardless of the season. Call or email us today!