A St. Louis home isn’t complete without a patio. A concrete patio is a popular option in St. Louis. It is an extension of the living space inside, providing a comfortable space for family and friends to gather or to hang out and get a breath of fresh air. Aside from the affordable cost of concrete, its durability and versatility are unmatched. Of course, it can get weathered and cracked as time goes by. But before tearing that slab out for something new, consider decorative concrete coatings on patios first.
The Perks of Concrete Patio Resurfacing
Removing and replacing a concrete patio or pool decks is expensive and time-consuming. Concrete repair and resurfacing in St. Louis are more practical solutions. What makes these better than a re-pour?
- Aesthetics – Decorative coatings and overlays for concrete patios are highly customizable. A St. Louis MO stamped concrete patio can be designed in several ways, depending what pattern best suits the exterior of a house. Stains come in acid and water-based types. They come in standard and custom colors, but they can be customized further by mixing and matching different colors. Once resurfaced, the patio would look like a completely new surface.
- Texture – Resurfacing is a concrete repair method that creates a texture that makes the surface safe against slips and falls.
- Cost – Compared to a new patio installation, resurfacing an existing slab is more affordable because the foundation does not need to be changed. Also, it acquires the exact look of expensive paving materials at a fraction of the cost. It is highly recommended to get a quote from a licensed St. Louis residential and commercial concrete contractor.
Highly Recommended Concrete Resurfacing Options
The evolution of outdoor living designs from past to present is quite impressive. There are decorative solutions that can provide whatever it is that a St. Louis homeowner wants.
- Stamped Overlay – Stamped overlay is one of the most popular. It offers a variety of patterns and designs, some mimicking brick, natural stone, and tile. This should not be confused with concrete stamping, which is done on a new slab instead of on an overlay.
- Stained Concrete – Staining a St. Louis patio is also an ideal option. If the patio is in structurally sound, the mere addition of color will breathe new life into it. And this involves not just any color. Concrete stains are deep-penetrating so you can rest assured that the color is rich, will not fade, and definitely will not crack and peel.
- Spray Knockdown Finish – It is an acrylic concrete coating sprayed and troweled on a slab, creating a stucco-like texture and appearance. This spray down concrete system makes every concrete surface highly slip-resistant, cool to the feet, and very durable.
Have St. Louis MO stamped concrete patio ideas in mind? Call us at (636) 256-6733 and we’ll help you out.
The patio will always be the ultimate place in a residential and commercial space for outdoor enjoyment. Is yours looking too drab and dreary? Worry not. Decorative Concrete Resurfacing in St. Louis is here to make it look like a new patio and function better than it has ever before. We are a family owned business with an A+ BBB rating. Our team of professional installers is highly trained and experienced in resurfacing and refinishing any concrete, be it a residential or a family-owned commercial space. Anything can be achieved here – your imagination is the only limit. Why delay your concrete driveways, patio, parking lot, pool deck, or any outdoor living project? Call now to learn more about our residential and commercial concrete services!
We service Ellisville, Manchester, Chesterfield, St. Charles, Ballwin, and other nearby cities in the St. Louis area.
Contact our customer service today to learn more about our concrete services!